Jan 3, 2012

Mom Peeve #14 Is it really that PINTERESTING?

Mom Peeve # 14 Pinterest Peeve countdown.

Some people may make a list of New Years Resolutions. And some people might just make a list of annoying things about Pinterest. Maybe I'll make a board about it! 

So Pinterest is great. A quick definition for those of you with giant question marks above your heads. Pinterest is like visual bookmarking. You create "pins" to put in things in various categories that act as your cork "boards" of likes or ideas. You might pin recipes, DIY projects, fashion trends you like, good books, funny pictures, etc. You get the point. Now that you are thoroughly excited about Pinterest like the rest of the world-since it seems the ENTIRE facebook world is migrating over to Pinterest lately-I'll tell it to you straight. Here's what you should keep in mind if you are joining Pinterest.

7 Personal Pinterest Peeves 
  1. Hey trigger finger, step away from your computer and stop pinning! Every image you come across on the web is NOT pin worthy. These are the people who have 45,000 boards, 23,000,000 pins and if you are "following" them, you might have to scroll down for at least 10 minutes before you come across another person's pin, because they are pincrazy.
  2. Pinterest, I don't know who Maria Khnuzesky is, but I don't like any of her boards, I don't want to cook everything Vegan, I don't care about collecting seals, and I don't want to create an entire board of toilettes, UNFOLLOW. Sometimes Pinterest likes to slip some follows in there they think you might especially like. Well Pinterest, I don't like. Clearly you don't know me well enough yet. We need to work on getting to know eachother better. 
  3. The BEST pin of all. Has anyone noticed how people attach "The Best" to something and people go nuts? This is especially true with recipes. I love how many of "The Best _____" recipes get pinned and repinned. Most people pinning these recipes will not even try the recipe, they just love the picture. Because if they did try the recipe, they'd see that "The Best ____" is not actually the best, I should know. Because I make "The Best __________."
  4. The EASIEST pin of all. These are the pins floating around dubbed as "The easiest _____." If a person took time to investigate some of these pins, she might see that the pin for "The Easiest Felted Santa Claus ornament" actually takes 8 hours. Uh...we know Santa is easy, but a project that takes 8 hours is not.
  5. People who claim, "Oh man, you are going to SO be addicted to pinterest once you start! Hehehehe." Shut up. Really? Because I am on pinterest and I pinned some things for a few days straight, over a period of 8 minutes, then I created zero pins for 5 days. Gasp! Maybe if you are a super spazz on speed you'll become addicted to pinterest, or you could just exercise some discipline.
  6. Everyone in the WHOLE world migrating to Pinterest. This is just how things are. Trends catch on, people get curious. Just know pinterest newbies, even if we are "friends" on facebook, I will not be following you if you create zero boards, or if you create super lame boards. No hurt feelings.
  7. SIGH. And now my biggest pinterest peeve. The assumption that because I made something cute, creative, or tasty it MUST have come from Pinterest! "Wow, did you find that on Pinterest? Hehe." No. "What a great idea? Pinterest?" No. "That's a great recipe. You must have pinned it to your tasty desserts board?" NO! I know this is a mind boggling concept for the uncreative, but people can actually create things from their own inspirations around them or natural creativity. Amazing concept I know. And believe it or not, things I did find inspiring on the web before Pinterest, I "bookmarked" the old fashioned way. Wow. And most incredible of all, I actually create some projects, and gifts for people from my own mind! Crazy! So STOP asking me if I found it on Pinterest or I'll stick a pin in you.
Disclaimer: I LIKE Pinterest. I think its great. I dislike annoying things people do on Pinterest.


A condensed version for you Blog Skimmers:



2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely with you on number 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pinterest but there are definitely some annoying people. This was funny :)

    ReplyDelete